Arizona Baptist Children’s Services’ Parent Aide Program has operated in Maricopa County for the last 9 years. We have been top-rated in both quality and quantity. Parent Aide focuses on efforts to re-unite parents and their children who have been removed by Child Protective Services. Our ultimate goal is to encourage birth parents to gain the skills and abilities they need to maintain a safe home and environment for their child.
How do Parent Aides help?
- Teaching age-appropriate child development
- Parenting skills training, including appropriate discipline and problem-solving techniques
- Life skills training, including nutrition, meal planning and household management
- Connecting families with community resources
- Supervising visitation
- Connection with housing resources (as needed)
- Employment consultation
- Drug/Alcohol education
- Training on budgeting and managing finances
- Teaching time-management skills
- Promoting self-sufficiency through use of public transportation
This ministry provides an avenue to develop relationships with parents when they are in a vulnerable and difficult period in their lives. We have the message of hope that is in Jesus Christ and we show His compassion and concern through this ministry.
To learn more, call 1-800-678-0648.
Making a Difference in People’s Lives
Two boys ages 8 and 10 were without a parent or caregiver who could meet their needs and ensure their safety or appropriately care for them. The 10 year old was living on the streets and the 8 year old with a friend of the mother. To make a long story short, ABCS was given the referral by CPS with little hope the mother would ever parent her children. The mother has now been clean and sober more than 6 months, completed a trade school, drug rehab and has transportation. She is attending church and her new found faith is her strength. The boys were placed in a Christian home and have accepted Jesus. The boys are now in the process of reunification with a “new” Christian mom who has a full time employment and has a safe home to live in.